Saturday, May 10, 2014

"Nelson Mandela" + Quote Post

"Nelson Mandela" + Quote Post

Nelson Rohilahla Mandela has been one of the best role models of my life ever since I learned about him in 6th grade. He was president of South Africa after serving 27 years in prison because of his battle against apartheid. Since then, I have tried to take time and study this man more, even though it is impossible to eulogize him perfectly.

While I was hanging out at the BrainyQuote Site one day, I read a quote by him that really caught my attention and caused me to relate to my life. 

"It always seems impossible until it's done."

Now, I gotta tell you guys that I was real whirled the first time I read the big words like "impossible" and "done." My brain danced around my brain for reading something new. Thinking about my middle school career at that time (since I was in 8th grade at the time I read the quote), I started pondering over how this quote could be executed to my schoolwork for now and later on in my upcoming high school career. Jumping from thought to thought for like ten seconds, I finally came up with an interpretation showing that sometimes, middle schoolwork can consist of long papers and projects and on the day you learn of them, you think it is impossible, but after you finish and carry the task out, it doesn't seem impossible.

Frequently I have coped with this. After every long project I've been through since the day I read that quote, I've always said what the Easy Button would say. I've remembered this quote and refreshed it on me everyday. In high school, this quote has been playing a major semblance in helping me undergo long-term projects. 

Not too long ago, in Mrs. Parkinson's English class, I'd obtained my Creative Nonfiction Project introductory paper and yes, there were long paragraphs in really tiny font that made me think, "ARRRRGH AGAGAGAGAGAGAHHH!!!!!!!!!!! How the heck am I supposed to get this done in two weeks with other academics in hand?!" When I ran through my mind looking for solutions in each and every cranny and corner of my skull, I found Madiba's quote, hanging on a skull wall, and came back to me, were all the words.  

So, that's how Madiba's quote altered the method I have drove safely through high school projects ever since.
Come to think if it today, I can get my Creative Nonfiction Project done today.                                                                 

                                                 


Madiba sadly died on December 5, 2013. Through his journey from a prisoner, to a president, embodied the promise that human beings and countries can change for the better.





No comments:

Post a Comment